Lead Gameplay Designer
jyammagames Jyamma Games S.R.L.
Hi-Fun Powered Video Games
Jyamma Games is looking for an experienced, talented and creative Lead Gameplay Designer to join our team.
As a Lead Gameplay Designer, you will have daily interactions with your dedicated team to create bespoke implementations of game systems and mechanics for a unique souls-like title. You will be working primarily with player centric features like the overall combat rules & flow, combat mechanics, player roles, and other non-combat action, exploration and puzzle gameplay. During our production phase, you’ll alternate between a resolution of high detail and high level. You will drive the full development cycle of your area and identify how all elements work together and refine them to create a challenging but rewarding experience for players that provokes their curiosity and surprises them at every turn.
In this role you’ll report directly to the Gameplay Director. Collaborating within your craft, but also cross-functionally, you’ll direct and generate briefs for a team of complementary skills and abilities to deliver design ready to be experienced.
– Design functionality according to our design direction (set by the Gameplay Director) and creative vision (set by the Creative Director), documenting as required
– Manage, grow and mentor a team of Designers through the production process, imparting design best process and wisdom
– Reviewing and providing support with design tasks for other members of the department
– Lead design reviews and guide the team towards good solutions to design problems
– Assisting with Sprint Planning and the production pipeline for the department, including task distribution and scope assessment
– Acting as a point of contact for design-related questions and ensuring the cohesiveness of the game as a whole, together with the Gameplay Director
– Identify and manage risk & uncertainty associated with your area
– Playing a key role in designing and iterating on game systems and features using Unreal Engine and scripting tools
– At least 5 years’ experience in a Gameplay/Combat Designer position in games.
– Experience leading a design team
– Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages. (preferably Unreal Engine)
– Experience working on third-person action games or spectacle fighters.
– Proven success in creating compelling and innovative gameplay mechanics.
– Ability to creatively use assets and work with a limited budget.
– Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
– Fluent English.
Nice to have
– Experience working on souls-likes.
– Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in the Action (and souls-like) genre, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
– Working knowledge of Italian.
– A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
– A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
– 2 years contract, renewable, for a self-employed or individual company
– Ability to work remotely or on-site in Milan, Italy
How to apply:
Designers should include a portfolio to their application. As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for this position might be asked to perform a design test.
Our ambition is as simple as it is bold. To create a game that is Italy’s “Witcher 3”. A genre-leading AA title that is Italian through and through brings something new to the formula and can sit proudly alongside existing titans, rather than beat them at their own game. Bright, fast, and deeply satisfying – a fresh take on a stagnant subgenre. If this sounds exciting, then we are the team for you!
To apply for this job opportunity email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org